3- Let it go- don’t dwell on the past
This is one of the most important lessons I have had to learn for my peace of mind. We often spend so much time re-hashing things we could have or should have said, or could of or should have done. If you’re anything like me, then your mind wants to investigate every last element of a conversation, trying in vain to figure out how and why things happened. Here’s all you need to know:
1. You will never know why someone else did what they did by stressing over it. If they want to tell you, they will, but it doesn’t always bring closure and it can result in more questions than answers.
2. It’s in the past, dwelling on it won’t change it.
3. You will be forgiven. Forgive yourself.
4. Nothing you do, no mistake you make is ever the end of the world (Unless you work at NASA or something, then maybe we will have to talk). It might seem like you have stuffed up so bad you will never get such an opportunity again, but if it’s what you truly want and what you truly work for then life has a way of offering other (often unexpected) pathways to success.
5. Your past does not dictate your future.